I made it! I live!

I made it!  I live!

Redundant to say, but Brazil is hot!  

The city is really pretty in its own way, the buildings kinda stack.  Like they built one, then realized they needed more space so they built another slightly smaller one on top.  There are a bunch of different trees that have really cool flowers on them, and it makes everything look really pretty.  There are tons of skyscrapers too, the city is full of them.  Being here makes me miss Lithuania a little.  I´m not sure how that makes any sense, but it does.

I already ran away from a bee, so that was fun.

All my luggage made it okay, and it turns out I will need my own set of sheets once I leave the MTC.  

I won´t be able to send any pictures while I´m here, but I will try to take a lot so you can see them once I am out.  

First trial of my mission was definitely not watching any of the free movies on the flight over.  I just knocked myself unconscious with melatonin instead.  The second one was probably the bee thing, but it was more interested in the tree I was standing by so I´ll be okay.  

Everyone here has been super great, hah, so far and they speak really fast, so hopefully one day I can actually figure out what they are saying.  I have a blue dot on my nametag that apparently means that I am fresh meat, and can get another cookie free when I buy one at the store across the street, so that´s exciting.  My companion is sister Rasmussen, and she seems nice even though I haven´t spoken more than five words to her.

We haven´t seen our rooms yet, but a bunch of sisters were waving at us as we were unloading our suitcases from the bus, and from what I could see they look nice.

There is a companionship that came from the Provo MTC with us, and they are friendly.  They already know three weeks worth of Portuguese, so they´re a little ahead of us.  

Our pday is on Wednesdays, but I won´t be emailing again tomorrow.  It will have to be next Wednesday.

Okay, I gotta go, I love you guys and miss  you a lot!  Write me lots because I will be sad if I don´t hear from you!

-----Sister Sheffer

Comments

Post a Comment