I'm not above begging.....

So, I'm at the mission home in Campinas and it's ridiculously nice.  

The mission president started getting all serious during my interview, telling me that I was going to feel isolated and frustrated for the next three months, and looking at me all sincere.  I had to stop myself from laughing, like, buddy, this won't be the first time, I'll be just fine.  I just looked him in the eye the entire time.  Gotta establish that I'm an alpha missionary.  Haha just kidding, but seriously, I think he was expecting me to be nervous or something.  He did ask me if I'd been sleeping well, but that's probably because I fell asleep during the presentation he and his wife were doing about their family and lives.  I couldn't help it, I was up super early with Sister Rasmussen making sure she and all her stuff got down to the bus in time to leave with her group.

On that note, Itapira is my first area, it is about an hour north of Campinas, and my first companion is Sister Barbossa? like the pirate I think, so that's pretty cool.  I'm really excited to go to my first area.  I actually like moving in to new places, it's kinda fun, so I'm very excited to see my new apartment.  

I'm not above begging, so here it goes:  
Please send me emails.  It doesn't have to be one long regency era-esque letter, just send me little ones throughout the week if that's easier.  Send me pictures, and stupid memes you saw, and tell me about funny conversations you had, and good books you've read, or your insights from your scripture study.  I look at them a lot throughout the week, so please keep me updated about the little things.  

Also, Micah sent me a letter, and it was awesome, but the thing I wanted to tell you was that she mailed it through a program called DearElder, I think.  Maybe look into that, because I almost died of happiness when I got it, even though it was printed and not handwritten.

Well, wish me luck, and pray for me, because the next three months, according to everyone, is going to feel like getting repeatedly hit by a bus.  Boa sorte, right?  Can't wait to hear from you next Monday!

Comments