GOD IS A MASTER PLANNER



Hello Everyone,

This week was long, but a lot of good things happened.  The first is that I discovered maracuja ice cream and it might have just changed my life.

Seriously though, we had a lot of fake addresses turning into real investigators this week.  A lot of the addresses that people give us while we are out on the street contacting don´t exist, or are a random one that they put down.  We had that happen a lot this week, but at the houses that actually did exist we asked the people who actually lived there if they would like to hear our message.  We had two people say yes, and we have already taught one of them.  God is seriously such a master planner, even the fake addresses that people give are leading us to people who want to hear our message.

One day was particularly bad, I think it was last Thursday, because every single person we planned to visit that day either wasn't at home, didn't come to the door, or didn't exist.  We walked all day and nothing went right.  Then, at the very end of the day we were able to meet with someone that was a friend of a ward member, and she agreed to be baptized in a few weeks!  That lesson alone made the whole day worth it.

We were able to go back to Aguas de Lindoia this week to teach Nxxxxa and Jxxxxxxxn, but they turned down our invitation to be baptized.  Nxxxxa just brushed it off, and said that she had already been baptized in another church.  My brain kind of short circuited.  We had already taught about the priesthood, and how it had been restored, and I thought that they understood that you actually need to be baptized by someone who has that authority for it to be more than good intentions, but I guess not.  Turns out there´s a scripture in Acts, I think, that talks about how Paul is explaining to people that were baptized by John the Baptist that they need to be baptized again in the name of Christ to be able to receive the gift of Holy Ghost.  Wish I had known that earlier.

Still, our visit was really fun because there was this cars show going on, so the streets and park were full of old and unique cars.  I looked for a ´67 Chevy Impala, but I wasn't able to see one.  I guess my interest in Supernatural will have to remain neglected.  Oh well.  Sister Barbosa and I both played the slug-bug game without actually punching each other, as they were everywhere.  I also got some pictures with my Princess Bride-esque capybara buddies, so that was exciting.  Turns out they can swim, which only increases my disbelief in, and mild terror of, them.  We also found a churro stand, and a whole new world of churros with stuff inside them has been opened up to me, it was amazing.

We had the chance to do a service activity this week, which is rare according to Sister Barbosa.  There was an elderly man in our ward who lives on the same plot as his daughter, but in a separate little concrete house.  Both of them are pretty much inactive, but when we visited and asked if they needed anything, they asked us to return Saturday and help clean up his house.  We did, and had some fun with it.  I've never mopped with a broom before, but it was surprisingly effective.  I only had to kill one spider, so that was pretty nice.

We also met a new investigator this week named Mxxxa Helena.  She has been pretty lonely I think, and she received our message and invitation to church really well.  We walked with her to church, and she was a trooper.  She isn't super old, but she doesn't get out of her house much, so the walk was kinda long for her.  I think she liked it, and we´re going to visit her again tomorrow, so that will be nice.  Side note about church, I am trying to learn some hymns as the ward doesn't have a pianist, so wish me luck.  I can practically hear mom cackling that all the piano lessons I took are once again paying off, and that all the times I neglected to practice are now biting me in the butt.

Thank you for all your emails and letters.  Aunt Ashlee´s card that she sent in March finally got here, so that´s good.  We have zone conference this week, so anything that hasn't arrived yet will be given to me next zone conference.

I love Ree´s Senior photos, and I will have to start reading Jesus the Christ so I can keep up with you.  It was good to talk to you, I have been kind of homesick this week.  It´s hard not being able to understand pretty much everything that is going on, and I miss you guys.  I know I will think the mission was short once it is over, but it sure feels really long right now.  I am trying to keep my spirits up, but it is hard some days.  I am excited to receive your package, even though I might not get it until next transfer.  I will try to take and send more pictures.  Have fun in Florida, it will be awesome, I´m sure.  

I hope you all have a good week!  Be sure to read the Book of Mormon, because that thing is amazing!

Lots of love,

Sister Sheffer

Comments