TRANSFER TIME



I can´t help but wonder if God ever uses his omnipotence and crazy planning skills to set us up for totally harmless stuff.  Like, yeah, he uses it to put us in the paths of the people we need to meet, or to make sure we have the knowledge and expriences we are going to need, but I mean for more mundane stuff.  Like that thing where you learn something new, and then the next day someone on the radio mentions it, or your coworker brings it up.  Or that thing when right when you and your companion are mourning the loss of the churro stands ten feet from our doorstep a churro truck drives by and you both start shrieking in excitement.  I´m pretty sure he does, because it´s gotta be pretty funny to watch us freak out about the coincidences.

So, in other news, my second transfer begins today.  Sister Barbosa is being transferred tomorrow, and I am pretty much anxiety sick about getting a new companion.  Sister Barbosa had been repeating over and over this last week that she was sure she was going to be transferred, and I felt put out that she seemed so excited about it.  Then, when the call came that she was getting transferred, she was so disappointed.  Turns out she didn´t want to leave, and had been fretting about it all week, not looking forward to it.

Our mission president is working himself into a frenzy because Elder Oaks is coming to visit our mission this transfer.  (Which, side note, is AWESOME)  He was very brisk in his email to me this week that I needed to have a baptism in Itapira within the next two weeks, and that I needed to remember that this is the point of me being here.  I was like, geez president, you´re right, I should really start being able to tell just by looking if the people we are teaching every day are going to cut us after the second lesson.  I can´t be offended though, because there haven´t been any baptisms in our area for a while, and it´s his job to make sure the work is progressing.

I have started praying with more sincerity this week.  I feel like we pray so much as a companionship that I have been letting my personal prayers slide.  It occurred to me one day that God is actually pretty happy when we talk to him personally, and that I´m probably never going to have another time in my life where praying is going to be such a big and important part of my day.  He´s willing and able to listen to me every time I pray, and he wants to help me with the stuff I am having trouble with.  It´s kind of funny how we forget how willing God is to bless us if we just do the little things.  And let´s be real, we all need all the help we can get.

Anyways, this week was a landmark in my life because I am now friends with a toucan that I met in Aguas de Lindoia last Friday, so that was cool.  One of the members drove us around to see some of the sights, which was awesome.  My area is really pretty, especially once you get out of the city, and I am glad I am going to have at least one more transfer here.
  
I think that´s all for this week.  Thank you for all the support you guys give me!  Love you lots!

Comments