June 4, 2018


Hello all,


I went through a rough couple days this past week.  I was sick of my companion, the bracelet I bought the other day came untied somewhere during our walk across town, I ran into a lixeira pretty hard, I didn't want to do anything, blah blah blah.  At one point I was feeling particularly sorry for myself, and two things came to mind.  The first was a Supernatural quote, interestingly enough, that says, "Well boohoo, I´m so sorry your feelings are hurt, princess."  Which made me kind of laugh.  Bobby Singer is a gift.

The second, which I´m pretty sure was some sort of divine message, was, "If this is all it takes to stop you, you´re going to be in trouble."  This thought certainly made me reevaluate how much my attitude about stuff really matters, and also vaguely terrified me.  I've returned to my normal spirits over the past few days, so that's nice.

Sister Satiro is my companion this transfer.  She´s going to be finishing her mission in this area, and she is way ahead of me in both age and experience.  She is really blunt, and has no qualms about dragging people to the chapel to attend church if she has to.  This approach was a little startling to me, but we do have a lot more people to teach than we did, so there is that.

I'm finding a lot of joy in my personal study.  I've been reading Jesus the Christ, and that thing is awesome.   The scriptures are always really cool, because you can always find something that feels like it was written just for you.  


Love you guys, and I hope you have a good week.

Comments