I'M FEELING DANGEROUS....

Futbol

We went to visit Vxxxxxxs this last Monday, to have a family home evening activity.  When we got there we found him and his family chalking out a futbol field on the street, so we ended up playing futbol for the night and just sharing a scripture afterward.  It was awesome, though I´m terrible at futbol and Sister Willard was so sore she could barely move for the next few days.  

BATISMO!!!!!!!!

I had my first baptism and confirmation this weekend, and it was awesome.  I was super keyed up about it, and Sister Willard had to tell me to breathe a few times because I was so antsy.  But, when the time came, it was really sweet, and I felt the spirit a lot.  Vxxxxxxs´s entire family came to support him, and none of them are members.  They seemed impressed with everything, and his mother especially thought that our chapel was beautiful.  She was the only one who made it to the sacrament meeting yesterday for Vxxxxxxs´s confirmation, but she loved it.  We are going to try to teach her as we continue to visit with Vxxxxxxs over the next few weeks.

Portuguese Fail of the Week

So, this week, I tried to tell Sister Willard one morning that I was feeling lazy, but instead told her that I was feeling dangerous.  She´s been teasing me about it all week.

MOLD

So, once upon a time Sister Willard and her old companion Sister Santos forgot to shut off the water before they left on a split with the ST´s.  They came back to a mildly flooded house.  Since then, a healthy colony of mold has been growing on about three different walls.  We finally have someone who will come and look at it this week, and we spent this morning wiping the walls down with bleach, trying to curb at least some of the growth.  So, hopefully that will be fine.

He is Risen

I had a spiritual moment the other day when I was reading the scripture about when the women walk to Christ´s tomb to anoint his body.  When they arrive, they find that He is gone, but that two angels are there instead, who say,

``Why seek ye the living among the dead?  He is not here, but is risen.´´ 

 It just hit me that this is something that I´ve been trying to articulate to myself about how there are so many people searching for Christ by attending one of hundreds of other churches.  We have a living church.  We have a living God, directing a living prophet in a living church.  There are so many searching in churches that are, in essence, dead.  Maybe you will find echoes of truth among these other churches, but He is not there. He is risen, and and He is directing us today.


I think that´s everything for this week.  I´ll try to send the pictures of this week next time, because my pen-drive is having a crisis this week and doesn´t want to give me the photos.  I love you all and hope that you all have a good week!

Comments