August 13th - I AM TRAINING NEXT TRANSFER


MISSION TOUR
We had our MissionTour this week.  We went into Campinas to listen to Elder Parrela of the Seventy talk to us.  It was really interactive, and I learned a lot about how our personal obedience and faith will affect our work.  We talked a lot about living worthy of the Holy Ghost and being able to receive personal revelation. 

 It was super funny though, because we were talking about which ´mission culture´ we have, or what our focus is in our time here.  We were talking about the ´rebellion culture´, which basically means you just break rules all the time and/or are a flirt.  Elder Parrela was getting all worked up about the idea of us only being in the mission to look for future companions and practically shouted,

``All of you are ugly here!  You´re all horrible!´´

We were all dying, it was so funny.  Also I can add ´Being Told by a General Authority of the Church that I´m Horrible and Ugly´ to my list of life accomplishments.

BLESSINGS OF THE MISSION TOUR

Sister Willard and I set some companionship goals after the mission tour to try and put the things we´d learned into practice.  It really paid off, because we had a lesson with a woman named Cristina, and it was the best first lesson I have ever given.  The spirit was really strong, and when I invited her to be baptised, I was feeling downright powerful, which is an unusual but not unpleasant sensation.  She accepted, so we have another baptismal date on our calander that we´re going to be working towards.  It felt like the Lord was rewarding us for putting our faith in what we learned from our leaders in our Mission Tour.

CUTE STUFF
So, we were visiting Vxxxr, our 12 year old investigator.  He has two little cousins that live in the same house, Kxxki and Nxxxxle.  Kxxxki was asleep on the couch as we were visiting with Vxxxr the other night, but he suddenly got up and walked over to where I was sitting.  I bent over to hear what he wanted to say, but he just pulled out his pacifier, kissed my cheek, put the pacifier back in his mouth, and was asleep on the couch again within about ten seconds.  It was the cutest thing that has ever happened to me, I was laughing so hard.

TRANSFERS
So, we just got the call that Sister Willard will leave, and I AM GOING TO TRAIN SOMEONE THIS NEXT TRANSFER.  I´m a little light headed just thinking about it.  I´ll go pick her up tomorrow.  Pray for me you guys because I am freaking out.

EM FIM

So, it was a pretty awesome week.  Thank you guys for all that you do, and the support you give me.  Yesterday was Father´s Day here in Brazil, so feliz dia dos pais!  Okay, so the whole drama thing is getting resolved in a good way.

 The weather here is doing this weird thing where it´s freezing and rainy for three or four days, then clear and super hot for the rest.  I was doubtful if I´d need to use the black rainjacket I bought, but I have definitely needed it the last few days.

Things to do for me:  Letters.  I know it´s a pain to write and send letters but it´s hard to explain how receiving a letter makes me feel.



The yellow church is in Campinas, and we always pass it to get to the chapel there for our interviews with the president and stuff like that.
I got the margherita one, because I´d already tried that kind in Lithuania and it´s really good.  It´s got tomatoes and basil leaves. 
   I found the dress in the piles of clothes abandoned by past missionaries.  That day was the day we had our mission tour, and were in Campinas for that.

Comments