Rooftops Keep Falling On My Head *Jazzy snap* They Keep Falling

Rooftops Keep Falling On My Head *Jazzy snap* They Keep Falling 

So, fun story.  We got back to our house last pday with all of our groceries for the week, and were baffled when we discovered that the gate to our house would not open.  After a minute or two of thinking the key wasn´t working, we realized the real problem.  The roof over the driveway had started to collapse, and the only thing currently keeping it upright was the gate.  We called for the mission office, and President Marsh was informed and told us he was on his way.  

Unwilling to sit outside for nearly an hour with all of our food, we decided to enter the house through more creative means.  We called Irmão Dangelo for help, and he brought us a ladder.  I never imagined it would be necessary for me to jump over the wall into my own house, but that´s what ended up happening.  








We were eventually able to open the other side of the gate and are using that door to get in and out, but it´s kind of sketchy since we don´t want to jiggle it too much.  Soo, basically we are going to be moving soon.  Probably before the end of the transfer, but who knows.  President Marsh is looking for a new house, but hasn't found one yet.







Music Video

I´m glad that you guys liked the video!  The part that we sing, roughly translated is:

You can hear, the voice of angels,
and the trumpets sound.
Throughout the earth is scattering, 
the light that comes to save.
Where there was pain,
there is hope.
The children to return home.
The eternal family,
of the Prince of Peace.

It flows a lot better in Portuguese, but yeah.  

Here are some pictures from that day:





Dogs

In response to Nathan´s question, yes, I have absolutely been chased by dogs.  It´s gotten to the point that if I hear anything remotely close to the charming pitter-patter of a furious dog running full speed in my direction, my bag is off and swinging in a vaguely ninja-esque display of agility.  I've only been close to being bitten four or five times, the rest of the time they just stand in the middle of the street and glare balefully at us as we decide if we should switch routes or not.  Some of the street dogs are just chill and friendly, but other times they are downright frightening.

Other

I tried coconut water for the first time this week, and it was pretty good.  I also found some unripe acerole, that I thought looked like baby pumpkins, so that was my little bit of autumn for the week.




That´s all I have time for this week, but I love you all and hope you are doing well!

Love, Lizzy

Comments