MAC AND CHEESE! YAY!


I received both my halloween and christmas packages this week!  I was given the halloween box, with its blessed Mac and Cheese (among other amazing things of course) contents, at Zone Conference.  Then, three days later, Ana Marsh found me at the Stake Conference to tell me that they had another box for me, and the Ward laughed at me lugging around the monster Christmas box that they delivered.

I had honestly forgotten that it was Thanksgiving this week until Sister Marsh mentioned that the meal they served us at the zone conference was serving as Thanksgiving dinner for the American missionaries.  

Not one of you mentioned that you were hiking out to California for the holiday.  The thought of you guys being at Disneyland in the last week just feels weird, like the idea is too alien to process, though I´m not sure why.  I´m glad everyone had a good time, even though I´m a little sad that I couldn't be there with you all.  I´m counting down the days that remain til Christmas, as I am very excited to talk to you all.

The week was a little rough in the fact that it has been very cold and rainy.  As a result of consistently choosing to NOT bring my raincoat with me, I was repeatedly drenched this week and have caught a spectacular cold.  It´s going on four or five days now, and I am finally arriving at the point that I am considering buying a new umbrella to replace the one I broke trying to bring about the demise of a particularly vicious dog.  

Fun story!  We took the same ônibus as Sister Ponciano and Sister Reinoso to go to the zone conference Friday morning, and as we were bumping through Jundiai, Sister Ponciano announced that she could see the chapel and that we needed to get off.  We did, and found the chapel with little difficulty, only to discover WE WERE AT THE WRONG CHURCH ON THE WRONG SIDE OF TOWN.  We got some random guy on the street to call an Uber for us, and we ended up arriving on time, but I just had to roll my eyes, because only we could manage to arrive at the wrong chapel.  In our defense, none of us had made the trip before and knew which chapel we needed to go to, so it´s a little impressive that we managed to arrive at A chapel, if not THE chapel.

Also, Stake Conference was great, because Elder Hinojoso(?) made me an origami dragon and it´s one of the best things that has ever happened to me.  He is now reining over my very messy desk, and I love him.

Comments