Transfer

Transfer

I´m leaving Paulínia!  We received the phone call last night, and I already have most of my things packed.  I´m excited for a new area and new experiences, but I will admit that I really like Paulínia and Sister Mareski, so I will be sad to leave them both.  As far as numbers go, I didn´t do well in Paulínia, but I met some people who have become my friends, and I can only hope that the work I did here is acceptable to the Lord.  

We´re Tight

So, as my final week here in Paulínia comes to a close, I started to realize how many random friends I´ve made here.  Besides finding my husband that I didn´t know I had, we´re buddies with a surprising amount of bus drivers.  They see us so often that they´ve started honking at us when they see us in the street, and if they see us running to catch the bus, they´ll wait for us to get there, even if we´re a bit of a ways off.

Other random friends, the street vendors.  We have a spot where we go to make contacts in the city center, and there´s always a couple street vendors there that we say hi to.  They always offer us coffee, which we politely refuse, and we offer to come and teach their families, which is also politely refused, and it´s chill.  The other day this drunk guy was passing, and I didn´t even try to make a contact with him, I was just letting him pass, but he swung over and started trying to bother me.  Within about three seconds all of our street vendor buddies were like, ``Leave!``, ``Don´t bother her!``,  ``She´s working, go home!``, and chased him off.


Interesting People

I had lessons with some very interesting people this week.  The first was Job, who plays the harp.  He played for us and told us how all the churches in the area invite him to play, and how he believes that music is a universal form of worhip.  The other is Paulo, who is deaf.  Luckily, Sister Mareski has some knowledge of how to speak Brazilian Sign language, because I was completely lost.  He thought we were funny, and told us we could come back and visit with him again.  Luckily Sister Mareski will be the one remaining in the area, because I wouldn´t be much help.

Coxinhas

I´m a master coxinha chef now.  We spent last pday with Aparecida, and investigator that I love, and she taught us how to make coxinhas for real.  We tried making them at home a couple weeks ago, and they were good, but not as good as these ones.  

Thought of the Week

The scriptures always say that no one will be able to predict when the Lord will come again.  If we actively predict that each day will be THE day, can we effectively delay the second coming?  

On a more serious note, we were teaching a less active member, and she was telling us that she basically outgrew the teachings of the church.  She felt that they had helped her when she was younger, but now that she´s older she doesn´t need them anymore, and doesn´t believe that the doctrines are true anymore.  As I just listened to her, this thought came very strongly to my mind:  The truth does not change according to our belief in it.

I think that´s everything I wanted to write about, so have a great week!

Comments