Evil, but Delicious Empanadas

Hello!

I hope you all had a fabulous week!  I´m entering the last week of this transfer, and we´re all racing to try to accomplish our goals for January.

Selma is Mrs. Weasley.

So, in the second Harry Potter book, after they help Harry escape from the Dursley's and arrive triumphantly at the Burrow, there´s that scene where Mrs. Weasley confronts them all and is like, "Where have you all been?!"  SO, we weren't able to pass by Selma´s house the whole week until Saturday night and when we showed up she Mrs. Weasley-ed us.  She´s only like four feet tall, but it was terrifying.  And sweet at the same time because we love her.  We´re going to her house today as well because she wants our help with her sewing machine.

Testimonies and Cigarette Smoke

I asked President Marsh about what he does when he has no idea what to say to people.  (In a gospel sharing context.)  He told me that I just needed to testify about basic and that the spirit would help me gather my thoughts to give more specific advice.  He told me that when he was in business meetings, and someone asked a difficult question for the boss, the guy would take a loooong drag on his cigarette, hold it for a long time, and then just as slowly breathe out the smoke to give himself time to gather his thoughts and respond the question.  We kind of laughed about the analogy, but the concept is really the same.

Evil, but Delicious Empanadas

Me, on Tuesday:  Are these empanadas still good?  We didn´t refrigerate them.
Sister Mareski:  Yeah, I think so.
Me, still with stomach pain a week later.
*Narrator Voice* The empanadas were not still good.

I learned my lesson about appropriate food storage basically.  I don´t even regret it though because they were super yummy.

FOTOS:
  • I tried a new fruit that looks like an angry strawberry on the outside and an alien egg on the inside.
  • A picture of the nightly storm rolling in.
  • Irmã Antônia, who is literally a ray of sunshine goodness.  She found this flower growing in the rocks and carefully pulled it up so she could take it home and plant it.
  • A flock of elders waiting for us to open the chapel so that they could have their interviews
  • I found some cool graffiti.
  • Our Pedra Grande hike










Comments