My New Years Adventures

Hello!

I hope you all had a fabulous New Year celebration!  We broke the rules and stayed up late to watch the fireworks and make coxinhas.  I also managed to complete the Book of Mormon challenge!  I couldn't kiss anyone at midnight, but I blew a kiss for you all, so I think that will count.

Crazy thing!  I passed my 10 month anniversary yesterday.  My end date is August 27th, but since I´m planning to return home a few weeks early, I have about 7 months of my mission remaining.  I made all my New Year´s resolutions and made myself trunky because of all the fun stuff I want to do when I get back.

It rained like crazy here this week, the river flooded and my shoes suffered another soaking.  I've never seen it rain like it rains here, but I like the rain so it´s all good.  The canal next to our house overflowed and caused a lot of problems, as well as in other parts of the city, but everyone in the ward made it through without any problems, so the Lord was watching out for us.

We´re going to do something different today!  The Elders from Itatiba came over and we´re all going to hike Pedra Grande, which is apparently a tourist spot of Atibaia.  It´s been a while since I've hiked anything besides the hills here in Atibaia, but Ive got my tennis shoes and two bottles of water, so we'll see how it goes.

I think that´s everything for this week!  It was pretty slow since everyone was traveling for the holidays.  Love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Lizzy





Comments