Can They Hear Us??

Splits

We had our first split with our new ST, Sister Castro.  Sister Mareski and Sister Ugarte were very excited, because Sister Ugarte was a previous companion of hers, and Sister Mareski knew her before the mission.  I´d never met her, but she was super nice.  She stayed with Sister Ugarte, and I worked with Sister Souza.

We had an awesome experience on our split with a young man named Gxxxxxl, that had requested a book of Mormon through the church´s website.  He loves studying history, and he had a friend that recommended the Book of Mormon to him, so he was very interested to read it.  It was great though, because beyond the historical aspect of it, he understood really well the spiritual/religious impact that the Book of Mormon has.  He asked if he could attend our meetings, and I almost hugged him.  We´re going to go back and start teaching the lessons for him.  He got super excited at the idea that we would come back, and told us that he wanted the rest of his family to participate as well.  I´m super excited to go back, I really like it when people are eager to learn and have lots of questions.


Ah, the Wedding

Lxxxxxa is getting married!  She accepted a baptismal date, she´ll be married civilly next week, and we´re organizing a wedding party for her the day before her baptism.  I think I´m more excited for the party than she is, I like planning stuff.  She told us she´s more excited for her baptism than the wedding, which makes me a very proud missionary, but I´m still going to make her wedding awesome.

11 Months

I passed my 11 month anniversary last week!  It´s weird to think that it´s almost been an entire year since I left.  I only have 3.5 transfers left until I´ll be coming home and starting school again.

Documents

We went to Campinas last week to renew our visas.  I thought that there was a problem with our documents, but it was just a normal renewal, so my temporary panic at the idea that I would be sent home was completely unnecessary.  It wasn't entirely my fault that I was worried though, the Elder who called only said that we had to be in Campinas on Monday to go to the airport because there was something we needed to do with our documents.

Shoes

My trusty black sandals are finally kicking the bucket.  One has completely ripped its sole, and I admitted defeat and bought new sandals.  


Can they hear us?

So, a favorite past time in our apartment is the loud and usually awful singing of the latest Mutual album.  It's becoming quite the spectacle, as Sister Ugarte borrowed one of the Elder's laser pointers and has begun adding a light show to accompany the music.  The only problem with this is that our window is usually open, and there's a futbol field where all the firefighters go to play, and I´m 83% sure that they can hear us.  Hopefully not, but it´s a possibility.

Zone Conference



EASTER EGGS & OTHER FUN
One of our investigators, Lxu, taught us how to make chocolate easter eggs



We broke the mission rules and jumped in the swimming pool at the mission home...

Comments