APRIL 16th - BASICALLY THE SAME PEOPLE

*A NOTE FROM SONJA:  For the record, I LOVE getting to talk to Elizabeth most weeks.  When the church changed their policy I thought they were being too "easy" on these missionaries.  I think an important part of growing up is knowing you can totally rely on the Lord.  But what I've found is that it really has been a great experience for us.   We feel more connected to the work Lizzy is doing.  It is a lot easier to resolve issues and concerns.  And Lizzy will tell you it made all the difference for her.  She was in a difficult situation and was suffering for it. She said being able to talk it through with us was very helpful.  For me as a mom, when your child writes in a letter they are doing okay and seeing/hearing your child's voice TELL you they are okay is a huge difference as you can actually HEAR the assurance of it in their voice.

Anyway - Lizzy is in a good place.  She loves loves loves her new companion. She said her only fault is she likes the University of Utah (hahaha).   They are doing good things.

We had the fun this week of telling Elizabeth that we had bought tickets to Brazil to come pick her up. She was super excited. We had talked about the idea and basically given up on the idea due to logistics but then found a killer sale on airfare plus we have Juliana and Lizzy to help us work out the details.  The next four months is going to fly by.

Anyway, I asked Lizzy to send me pictures of their current apartment.  She sent the following they had taken for an electronic "room inspection".  I had to laugh at the pile of her clothes on the bed (her bed is on the left).  I also loved seeing her desk and the things she has on her work surface and bulletin board. Of course it has an Avatar quote.

Anyway, she also sent me some pictures of her and Sister Larsen that was titled, "Basically the same people".  Sure do love our missionary.








Comments